Last Updated: July 17, 2020
Information we collect and how we collect it Information you provide to us.
You may directly provide information to us when you place an order for our Services, create an account, call us with a question, or use any of our Services. Depending on the purpose of your interaction with our Services, you may provide your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and other personally identifiable information.
You may also provide information about devices you own or use and your interests when such information is relevant to the Services we provide to you. We may collect this information through our website; during a face-to-face visit; or through a text, email or telephone interaction with our team.
Information we collect from our product partners.
We also receive information about you from our product partners, such as device manufacturers and mobile service providers, when you order our Services through such a partner. For example, when you order a device from a product partner and directly opt-in to receive an Enjoy service with your new device, we receive information necessary to enable us to contact you, schedule our Services, tailor our Services to your needs, and deliver our Services.
Information we collect from your use of our Services
We may collect information about you during our service visits. During our visits we learn about devices you own or use, how you use such devices, and other information, such as your interests, hobbies, and apps that you use, as we endeavor to create a service experience that meets your needs.
We collect information related to your interactions with our website to create a superior customer experience for you. This information includes your IP address, browser and device characteristics, information you search for, locale, and referring URLs.
How we use your information
We use your information to enable us to contact you regarding our Service, schedule our Services, tailor our Services to your needs, and deliver our Services. We may use information we collect to fulfill your orders and requests for products, services or information; establish and manage your accounts with us; analyze, personalize, and improve our Services for you; and develop new products, services, features, and functionality. We may also use your information to communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and providing you with information about our Services, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, or administrative messages.
We may provide you with marketing messages about our company, Services and products, as well as the services and products of our product partners.
We may combine de-identified information about you with similar information from other customers and website users and use the combined anonymous information to analyze and improve our Services. We may also use the information we collect to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities.
We may also use the information we collect for other purposes about which we notify you.
How we share and disclose your information
We will share your information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Enjoy when we have your consent to do so.
We may share your information with our service providers and other third parties to the extent necessary to enable them to perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, hosting, targeted advertising and analytics services. We may share your information with our product partners to help them better serve your needs. Service providers such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Services.
We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Enjoy, you and our other users, or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website.
You always have the right and ability to not provide information to us, subject to applicable minimum information that we require to provide our Services. You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
How we protect your information
We take reasonable measures to protect your information. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Our Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Information We Collect
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|PI Category (Collected in last 12 months)||Examples||Collected|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sale of Personal Information
Enjoy does not sell personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a separate list disclosing disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must consist of both:
- A completed and signed copy of the California Consumer Request Form; and
A signed and notarized Affidavit Form(s) (please select the applicable Affidavit Form(s) from the links provided below) so that we can verify your identity as the person about whom we collected personal information, or another authorized person.
- If you are a California consumer making a request on your own behalf, please use this Consumer Affidavit of Identity Form.
- If you are a California consumer authorizing another person to make a request on your behalf, please use this Designation of Authorized Agent Affidavit Form. We will also require a separate Authorized Agent Affidavit of Identity Form (see below) from the authorized agent to confirm that the person making the request on your behalf is the agent authorized to do so.
- If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a California consumer, please use this Authorized Agent Affidavit of Identity Form. The consumer must provide a separate Designation of Authorized Agent Affidavit Form (see above) authorizing you to make the request on their behalf. If the California consumer on whose behalf you’re making the request lacks legal, mental, or physical capacity to make their own request or execute a an Affidavit designating you as their authorized agent, you must additionally provide proof of your status as the consumer’s legally authorized representative in the form of a Power of Attorney or other similar instrument.
We will reimburse you for all reasonable and necessary costs incurred in notarizing the affidavit required to verify your identity, provided that you submit an itemized receipt or other sufficient proof of the transaction and costs incurred.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to all verifiable consumer requests within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Enjoy collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 1-888-GO-ENJOY (1-888-463-6569)
Enjoy Technology, Inc.
3240 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304